Due to continued growth and potential, there is an immediate opportunity in our Digitalization Group for an experienced Systems Project Manager.
As a Systems Project Manager, you will be managing all aspects of high-value networking projects, as well as having a hands-on role in the planning, designing, and execution of those projects. This position is responsible for coordinating the project team assignments, providing regular updates to all stakeholders and monitoring progress against the work plan to assure that objectives are met. The ideal candidate should demonstrate effective leadership skills with an ability to manage non-direct reports within a technical environment and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while leading each to successful and timely completion.
- Applies technical and project management expertise while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets
- Interfaces with sales and project managers, engineers and subcontractors. Comfortably works with colleagues and clients throughout the US and Europe
- Analysis of problems, development, and realization of solutions: Coordinates the gathering of client requirements to define the scope and deliverables of the project in collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders. Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan, aligning the stakeholders and team members
- Development of functional system requirement and specifications: Quantifies and articulates desired outcomes and measurements
- Identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops a schedule to ensure timely completion of projects focusing on targeted outcomes
- Coordinates the efforts of the project team and instills cross-ownership and shared accountability
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Execute tasks as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules, and budgets, and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact of the risks on the project
- Provides and maintains all detailed project documentation including but not limited to project definition, roadmaps, project plans and testing plans, etc.
- Participates in development of sales and marketing plans with annual and quarterly reviews
- Is Technical contact for sales, purchasing, customers, and suppliers
- Supports Sales team with detailed documentation and presentations to pre-qualified potential as well as existing clients
- Serves as subject matter expert in client interactions for purposes of taking pre-scoped or pre-qualified business to a completed-sale stage
- Additional Support:
- Ensures users/customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service. Identifies problems and coordinates appropriate corrective actions to resolve customer concerns
- Coordinates and oversees execution acceptance of internal (FAT) and external (SAT) IT projects
- Support startups: ensure operational readiness to minimize downtime, productivity reductions, and accuracy issues
- Demonstrate proficiency with Ethernet Network design and deployment including hardware, software, and security
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA or BS degree in technology related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing projects of various size
- PMP and/or Cisco CCNA certifications a plus
- Experience with PCs, Operating systems and MS Office
- Familiarity working with large-scale business operating systems such as SAP, Oracle, or similar
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation, presentation and computer skills. Works in a team based environment and exchanges technical information with management, technical support personnel, and equipment vendors
- Must be self-directed and resourceful, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities
- Familiarity with Cisco-based network systems is a plus
Benefits include: Competitive compensation packages, medical coverage, FSA/DSA plan, dental, LT/ST disability coverage, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401 (k), profit sharing, numerous continuing education opportunities, and an enthusiastic and collaborative work environment.
About Process and Data Automation
Process and Data Automation is a full service, CSIA Certified industrial control systems integration firm. Our Controls Engineering group specializes in physical automation system design, programming, and commissioning. Our dedicated Digitalization Group connects automated equipment and systems to the business environment including protected recipe systems, data collection and reporting, and data historian implementation.
About the Krones Group
Krones designs, develops, manufactures, and installs both machines and complete packaging lines. Krones has become one of the leading system suppliers for breweries and beverage producers as well as for the food, chemical, and cosmetics industries. Our 16,000 employees worldwide strive for innovation and detail and ensure that each customer receives the best quality in product and service.
Submit a Resume