Reports To: President
This is a full-time, hands-on position to assist in directing the financial affairs of the organization. Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Required Education: BS in accounting or similar financial discipline, or equivalent experience.
1. Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of fiscal management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, annual budgets, and related analyses.
2. Preparation and issuance of monthly financial statements, yearly budgets, monthly closing, and related analysis.
3. Preparation of financial schedules to support annual review and other required audits.
4. Reviewing and explaining variances to budget/forecast and to previous reporting periods on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
5. Responsible for the preparation and reconciliation of the final monthly job cost to the general ledger and WIP to the general ledger.
6. Responsible for the review and preparation of accruals including job-related costs, general and administrative expenses.
7. Maintains control over all postings and transactions in the general ledger including journal entries, correcting transactions, and reconciling monthly WIP.
8. Oversee disbursements, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing, and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
9. Oversee accounts receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable.
10. Assist Krones corporate tax compliance team to assure the accurate and timely completion of all taxes.
11. Prepare and file quarterly Pennsylvania Sales and Use Tax returns.
12. Researches and advises on new tax compliance and accounting standards.
13. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all data, systems, and processes, and enhance the company’s value.
14. Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
15. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
16. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
1. Financial Management
2. Technical Capacity
3. Performance Management
4. Ethical Conduct
5. Relationship Management
8. Business Acumen
9. Planning & Adaptability
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal required
2. Strong business acumen required
3. Change management in relation to Accounting SOP’s
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
5. Ability to work independently
Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to visit various client and meeting sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard and to operate standard office equipment. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although prolonged standing and walking and the ability to climb ramps, stairs, and ladders may be required when traveling or on client site. May occasionally require the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 40 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
© 2023 Process and Data Automation, All Rights Reserved.