We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team! You will have the opportunity to work with the acknowledged leader in the field of liquid food packaging, Krones, Inc., via their subsidiary provider for these services, Process and Data Automation. We are looking for a motivated professional to work in these market segments which would include any manufacturers who embrace software in a manufacturing setting.
About Process and Data Automation:
Process and Data Automation is a full service, CSIA Certified industrial control systems integration firm. Our Controls Engineering group specializes in physical automation system design, programming, and commissioning. Our dedicated Data Services Group connects automated equipment and systems to the business environment including protected recipe systems, data collection and reporting, and data historian implementation.
About the Krones Group:
Krones designs, develops, manufactures, and installs both machines and complete packaging lines. Krones has become one of the leading system suppliers for breweries and beverage producers as well as for the food, chemical, and cosmetics industries. Our 16,000 employees worldwide strive for innovation and detail and ensure that each customer receives the best quality in product and service.
Primary responsibility will be developing web and database applications for industrial automation projects. Must be versed in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and have experience taking a project from inception through completion.
- Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003 – 2012 and Windows XP Pro – Windows 10) and familiarity with IIS.
- Databases including Microsoft SQL Server 2000 – 2016. Familiarity with custom queries, stored procedures, and relative SQL functions.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and fundamentals of MVC.
- Experience implementing third-party libraries.
- Ability to prepare technical documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer science-related degree (i.e. MIS, Software Engineering, etc) or equivalent work experience. Degree training must include application development (web/desktop) and database administration.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strong logical reasoning and solution oriented.
- Ability to simultaneously balance multiple technical projects through the entire development cycle.
- Must be self-directed and resourceful, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation, presentation and computer skills. Works in a team based environment and exchanges technical information with management, technical support personnel, and equipment vendors.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for project startup activities.
Experience with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware or industrial information automation software is a tremendous plus. Please note any specific background with any of the following software platforms:
- Computer and Server Hardware.
- Ethernet Network design and deployment including hardware, software, and security.
- Advanced use of standard troubleshooting tools using web/knowledgebase and other resources.
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Rockwell, Inductive Automation, Wonderware, and/or GE software.
- Any other COTS OEE or Lean operations management applications.
- Familiarity with MRP, MES, and/or ERP applications.
Attributes for Success:
- Executes: Action orientated, efficient, sets clear goals, follows through, and focuses on results.
- Self-starter: Self-motivated with energy and drive; willing to make decisions and take action.
- Drives Change: Detail oriented with a focus on constant improvement to derive results.
- Is flexible and adapts quickly.
- Thinks Broadly: Insightful and looks for ways to incorporate new, improved thinking in client processes.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set.
- Leadership qualities, including relationship building, meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others.
- Travel required, domestic and international (10-30%)
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a passport
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Benefits include: competitive compensation packages, medical coverage, FSA/DSA plan, dental, LT/ST disability coverage, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401 (k), profit sharing, numerous continuing education opportunities, and an enthusiastic and collaborative work environment.
Submit a Resume