This will be a client facing role utilizing our cross functional engineering and digitalization team members. Candidates will use their previous operations or maintenance experience to help our clients identify, prioritize, and manage production and process improvements at their existing facilities.
In this role you will:
- Originates and develops analysis methods to determine improvements to equipment and processes.
- Acquires and analyzes, and report on collected data to define process constraints and make recommendations for improvements.
- Conducts analyses of problems and investigates to determine approaches for the situation, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs, and availability of materials/equipment.
- Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures and increase OEE.
- Motivate others through the display of superior professional presence, strong people leadership skills, and professional actions:
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, company management, vendors and equipment suppliers, and fellow employees.
- Make and maintain relationships with people within the industrial community.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, influence, and decision-making skills.
- Work from a variety of locations including the office and a variety of industrial project sites.
- Identify customer and project-specific safety requirements and coordinate required training to maintain safe operating environment and compliance with standards.
- Identify and coordinate the execution of any annual or other regular interval, supplier-side regulations and/or documentation.
- Designs and develops new and unique engineering methods and procedures, innovative test procedures, and special analyses of equipment or process limitations. Utilizes and communicates the outputs from these advanced concepts in detailed technical reports that are used in the coaching of production and maintenance team members.
- Successfully plan, schedule, control and manage projects’ deliverables to ensure that
- Provide relevant and timely information regarding projects’ status to team members and key stakeholders.
- Meet regularly with clients’ liaisons to ensure proper identification and prioritization for open task items and to provide relevant feedback on in-progress and closed items.
- Anticipate project and/or contract issues and develop various resolution options.
- Must be able to influence, without direct control, business and process owners.
- Plan, communicate, and make effective presentations, both in oral and written form.
- Develop proficiency with PLC and HMI editors in use at major clients. Utilize these skills to assist in evaluating systems and code, troubleshooting operations, and modifying simple operations.
- Proficiency with COTS software:
- MS SharePoint
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- Project Management Software, MS Project or similar
- Follows company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Schedules and organizes work assignments for others in cooperation with the Engineering Manager.
- Acts as a coach and mentor for apprentices, technicians, and other staff.
- Exercises immediate responsibility and authority over the combined resources (people and equipment) to ensure that the engineering group operates at highest efficiency possible.
- Ensures compliance of federal, state, and local laws and all company policies and procedures.
- Provides staff with support and training as needed.
- Facilitates open communication among all group members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of related production, operations, or maintenance leadership with a preference towards food or beverage.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Broad knowledge of production systems, concepts, and methodologies
- Identify new products, trends and services that augment existing Process and Data Automation offerings and integrate with emerging technologies.
Submit a Resume