Due to continued growth and potential, there is an immediate opportunity on our Sales Team for an experienced Inside Technical Salesperson.
As an Inside Technical Salesperson, you will be providing analytical and support to the sales team in the development of project proposals. The ideal candidate should be a technically inclined, detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and be able to manage multiple priorities while working with minimal supervision.
- Triages and prioritizes daily task assignments
- Maintains constant open communication with the sales team on all aspects of job requirements
- Gathers, organizes and analyzes technical product data needed to meet customer or job specifications
- Creates RFQ documents, search, and solicit quotations from vendors
- Populates bidding documents with preliminary technical information as well as product specifics and pricing
- Reviews and analyzes previous proposal information to determine similarity in proposal scope or engineering cost for reuse in proposals
- Creates the preliminary proposal documents using standard MS Word bidding templates and direction from sales
- Complete all other tasks given from the manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient on a computer and can learn new programs quickly
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as quote requests, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to read and understand routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Prior Inside Sales experience desired
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Familiarity with the general concepts/fundamentals of PLCs and the ability to assemble a BOM for electrical and/or control system platforms is highly desirable
Attributes for Success
- Executes: Action orientated, efficient, set clear goals, follows through, and focuses on results
- Self-starter: Self-motivated team player with energy and drive; willing to make decisions and take action
- Drives Change: Detail oriented with a focus on constant improvement within the team to derive results
- Is flexible and adapts quickly
- Thinks Broadly: Insightful and looks for ways to incorporate new, improved thinking
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set
- Leadership qualities, including relationship building, meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
Benefits include: Competitive compensation packages, medical coverage, FSA/DSA plan, dental, LT/ST disability coverage, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401 (k), profit sharing, numerous continuing education opportunities, and an enthusiastic and collaborative work environment.
About Process and Data Automation
Process and Data Automation is a full service, CSIA Certified industrial control systems integration firm. Our Controls Engineering group specializes in physical automation system design, programming, and commissioning. Our dedicated Data Services Group connects automated equipment and systems to the business environment including protected recipe systems, data collection and reporting, and data historian implementation.
About the Krones Group
Krones designs, develops, manufactures, and installs both machines and complete packaging lines. Krones has become one of the leading system suppliers for breweries and beverage producers as well as for the food, chemical, and cosmetics industries. Our 16,000 employees worldwide strive for innovation and detail and ensure that each customer receives the best quality in product and service.
Submit a Resume