PDA is seeking an individual to work as an electrical engineering intern. This is an entry-level position. You will work under the direction of a seasoned Engineer, receiving specific and detailed instructions for required tasks and results expected. This job will afford you the opportunity to gain valuable job experience on customer projects. You will work closely with multi-disciplinary project managers and teams who will provide mentorship as you advance and develop.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Attention to detail, superb organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to communicate proficiently with customers, supervisors, and peers.
- Ability to follow prescribed standards, budgeting timelines, and quality measures.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of time constraints, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- A desire to continuously learn and add to professional skills and competencies.
- Ability to self- motivate and multi-task as well as work independently or part of a strong team-oriented environment.
We offer competitive wages and an outstanding work environment.
Submit a Resume
As an Intern in our Engineering Design Group you will:
- Work independently and as a member of a team on a wide variety of automation products.
- Interpret detailed specifications for automation and control systems.
- Create detailed electrical schematics using AutoCAD.
- Research, understand and specify/apply with an Engineer’s direction commercially available components for use in a total system.
- Develop detailed system documentation for the construction and installation of key system equipment.
- PLC and HMI programming.
- Interact with other industry professionals in related fields.
- Continue your professional development with regular training on specialized equipment and software as well as government and industry standards.
- Be based in or near Erie, PA